Jumat, 30 Mei 2008

The story of wise camel

Friend of mine ask me questions. The questions is about my works, about what I doing and believes, about energy and motivation. Well, I could said that it is the questions of live. So, I think it would be nice write down my reflection on the talk, just so I can read and questioning myself each time I open this bites and bytes book.
-------------------------

The wise camel story

A mother and a baby camel were lazing around, and suddenly the baby camel asked...

Baby : Mother, mother, may I ask you some questions?
Mother : Sure! Why son, is there something bothering you?

Baby : Why do camels have humps?
Mother : Well son, we are desert animals, we need the humps to store water and we are known to survive without water.

Baby : Okay, then why are our legs long and our feet rounded?
Mother : Son, obviously they are meant for walking in the desert, You know with these legs I can move around the desert better than anyone does! Said the mother proudly.

Baby : Okay, then why are our eyelashes long? Sometimes it bothers my sight.
Mother : My son, those long thick eyelashes are your protective cover. They help to protect your eyes from the desert sand and wind. Said mother camel with eyes rimming with pride....

Baby : I see. So the hump is to store water when we are in the desert, the legs are for walking through the desert and these eyelashes protect my eyes from the desert...
Then what the hell are we doing here in the Zoooooo!

MORAL OF THE STORY IS:
"Skills, knowledge, abilities and experiences are only useful if you are at the right place"

(Where are you right now????????)

This story make me think, do I'm in the right place? I meant with what I do and my study. I'm join in this local NGO since high school (its almost 8 years ago), I try and work (volunteering at first, then after got enough "skills" I get paid) in many different issues like conflict resolution, democration, environment, alternative education, youth, etc.
I study in agriculture, and still ongoing now, hope will finished this year. I decided to study in agriculture also with lot consideration, idealism are the most, a dream also to give the best to under developed rural communities and to environment.
Bit hard to study and work in same time, there always one that put on side, in my case is my study. It take longer time than my other friends to graduate
Again I'm questioning, where are I'm right now??? One of my old man friend said, we are in the middle of community that need us. So what you could do is, do the best that you can, with your hearth, right now, don't wait.
Yes, do the best that I can. But, there come other question, do I'm in right place, with what I did now? Skill, knowledge, abilities and experiences are only useful if you are at the right place!!!
Then, my other friend said, don't too hard to yourself, you still young, don't specialized before you turn "40" (not the real 40 meant, but old enough to know and understand yourself).
So, I did what I want too, I work for a dream about world I want to live in. Too idealist, ohh..yeahh, but it give me a splash of fresh energy. Energy that bring me far...far..away. Learn lot, gain lot, achieve lot, and that become useful skills, knowledges, abilities and experiences at the right place, the community.
Did I'm in right place? Think again, all of this is a progressive live process. There never ending point, it move forward, then reflect, then move again, and reflect again.
The thing that I could do is do the best I could do. Learn from it, no matter if I step in wrong path (its happens thought), there always lessons to learn.

I don't know if this can answer the question or not. I have been moving in the same place without any improvement several times, its frustrating I admit, and maybe I will step in this situation again someday, or near day...hehe..with my work project an study now. Yaa...that is this live about isn't. But, always remember, there no days without pain, sun without rain, laughter without sorrow, but there always strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
Find your strength, find your comfort, and find your light. Don't forget to ENJOY!!!

0 komentar:

 
Copyright © 2008 Free Blogger Template By Cool Stuff Blog